My Night Time Routine
Over the last few months I have been feeling so overwhelmed. I have been restless, easily frustrated, and just annoyed. So I decided to try something new. At night time once the kids are down, it’s mommy time.
- I literally go into the bathroom and close the doors (I have 2 doors in my bathroom)
- Light a 3-wick candle (from Bath & Body Works because I absolutely love their candles)
- Turn on the shower with HOT water only and I sit there
- I let the bathroom fill up with steam and sit and relax for a few minutes
- After that, I add some cold water to the shower and get in
- Once I’m in the shower I stand there and just let the water hit me for a while, clearing and refreshing my mind
- After I enjoy that moment, of course I go on to wash my body
- Then I prepare to get in bed
OMG it is so relaxing to do this.
As a plus you can also add some music into the mix. I do this occasionally, but most times I enjoy the silence.
Since I’ve started doing this I have slept so much better. I have also been less frustrated and less annoyed. It’s a quick easy way to make time for yourself and enjoy some relaxation.
2 thoughts on “Nighty Night!”
This absolutely works! I did this just yesterday.. at a different time though. After my workout, I ran the water for a shower and let it steam up the bathroom(never usually do if cause I don’t like foggy mirrors). I just sat in the bathroom for a few minutes before I actually got in the shower. Afterwards, I took a bomb well needed nap. Haha lol
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, it puts your body into rest mood! I just did it and I’m laying in bed about to drift into the night!